This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Get your drink on with this yummy Orange Creamsicle Martini. An adult version of an Orange Julius, and so darn good!
Step by step photos and instructions below!
Creamy, dreamy and fruity – this cocktail is fantastic! Whipped cream flavored vodka is the key ingredient in this boozy take on a classic!
Perfect for summer days, this orange creamsicle cocktail is also known as a creamsicle martini (named after a frozen treat). It could be named after the mall favorite, an Orange Julius, too. Either way, it’s orange and cream and it’s fantastic.
It’s not over-complicated, but the taste is definitely more sophisticated than your typical Orange Julius. Mainly because of the whipped cream vodka that I think is essential! Check out the notes section for substitutes if you need them.
However, is this really a martini? I don’t think it technically qualifies as a martini, but it’s served in a martini glass, and I get to name stuff whatever I want on my site.
If you’d like more drinks, check out my Pumpkin Martini Recipe, my Gingerbread Latte or my (virgin) Strawberry Lemonade. If you’re into the orange flavors, check out this Orange Moscow Mule from my friends over at Gastronom Blog
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 ingredients. Easily found at the grocery store!
- Easy to make, no fancy techniques. Just measure, shake and pour. Garnish if you must.
I skip the whipped cream and orange garnish when I make them at home for just me – but when I have guests around, I pull it out and make it look fancy.
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
If you can’t find whipped cream vodka, vanilla vodka will work. Regular, unflavored vodka is okay, but won’t have that extra depth of flavor that makes this orange cream martini super special. I’d add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract in that case.
You can sub almond milk for the half and half, but it won’t be as creamy. Try a full fat vanilla flavored one for best results.
Heavy cream can also be used if that is what you have!
Orange juice without pulp is best for this. If you use fresh squeezed orange juice, you’ll want to strain it so the pulp is minimal.
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
Measure the ingredients
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add the remaining ingredients.
Garnish with an orange slice, and some whipped cream.
Sip and enjoy. Or gulp. I’m not judging.
More delicious drinks:
- Pumpkin Martini. Get your pumpkin martini on! This boozy Fall drink that tastes like pie will be a favorite this season!
- Moscow Mule. Cool off on a hot summer day with this Classic Moscow Mule recipe. Simple, fresh ingredients make this amazing fast and easy to make!
Orange Creamsicle Martini
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup whipped cream flavored vodka
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- orange slice (for garnish)
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Over the ice, add the orange juice, half and half and vodka.
- Shake for 30 seconds, then strain into a martini glass.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and an orange slice.
- Sip and enjoy. Or gulp, whatever. I'm not judging you.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Update: This recipe was originally published in May of 2017. It was republished with updated photos in June of 2022.
Source: Adapted slightly from The Redhead Baker