This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A creamy but tart lemon pie baked in a glorious buttery graham crust, topped with whipped cream and candied lemon slices. Delicious and easy!
There are so many people I know who are obsessed with lemon/citrus flavors. I mean, I’m one of them – but who knew there were so many others?
Creamy Lemon Pie
This pie really hits the spot with the buttery crust, and the creamy filling. Top it off and knock it out of the park by using candied lemon slices to garnish
and snarf while no one is looking, and you have yourself a winning dessert! It’s best to make ahead, making serving this to company super easy!
I actually baked this in two stages. On a Friday afternoon threw the graham crust in the oven before dinner… I then whipped up the filling after the kids were in bed. Baked it, and cooled it overnight…. ready for serving on Saturday. We may or may not have eaten this for breakfast…Creamy Lemon Pie with Candied Lemon Slices: A creamy but tart lemon pie baked in a glorious buttery graham crust, topped with whipped cream and candied lemon slices. Delicious and easy! #recipe #pie #lemon #tutorial #foodie #desser
How to make Candied Lemon Slices
The candied lemon slices are easy to do. Just sugar and water, simmer the lemon slices til they soften (about 15 minutes), then put on parchment and dip in more sugar. They’re super cute on top of the pie slices, and just add an extra touch of delicious. Feel free to not do it, but I totally recommend it!
What’s your favorite way to use lemons? Need some ideas? How about… these?
Creamy Lemon Pie with Candied Lemon Slices
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice about 4-5 fresh lemons
- 4 large egg yolks
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Candied Lemon Slices
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 medium lemons sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until thoroughly combined.
- Press firmly into a 9inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Juice lemons, and set aside.
- Beat yolks and condensed milk with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until mixture changes color to a pale yellow, then blend in the lemon juice and beat for a further minute.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 25 minutes or until pie is set.
- Cool, then store in refrigerator for 3-4 hours until thoroughly chilled.
- Top with whipped cream and candied lemon slices.
Candied Lemon Slices
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan, heat until the sugar dissolves and the liquid is clear.
- Add the sliced lemons, and simmer until the rinds soften (about 15 mins).
- Lay on parchment paper to cool, then store in the the fridge until needed.
- Dip slices in sugar just before serving
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.