This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A super fast low carb chicken dinner that is a total weeknight winner! Using just one skillet, dinner is ready in 20 minutes!
Weeknights are crazy busy, and if you want to avoid the drive-through, or the take-out menus like I do, having a few easy to make, quick meals in the repertoire is crucial for a smooth evening. I love having a few low carb 30-minute meals in my repertoire, ready to just get in the kitchen and get dinner GOING!!
It’s also getting hot here, so spending a lot of time in my tiny kitchen in the heat is not my idea of a good time. I’m often in search of healthy low carb recipes since I waver off and on between wanting to eat allthefrenchfries and also wanting a smaller butt.
This light dinner is low carb, but you can feel free to carb it up with some buttered noodles, some mashed potatoes, or some rice if you must!
Why this recipe works:
Some VERY simple and customizable ingredients – don’t like green beans or asparagus? Use yellow and green zucchini. Add onions! Or leeks! Don’t have Herbs de Provence? (get some), sub Italian seasoning, or another rub that you like. Making carb free dinners is super easy, right??
My homemade Tuscan Seasoning goes pretty well with this dinner! Have no chicken, but have pork or fish? Awesome. Switch it out.
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
I left the garlic out of this picture. But you forgive me, right?
- GREEN BEANS
- PROVENCAL SEASONING
- PARMESAN CHEESE
This recipe is really more of a thought starter since it’s so changeable. I’d love to hear what combinations you come up with! Tag me on instagram (@kyleecooks) with your creations!
- Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs with Balsamic Glaze
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Florentine (with a twist!)
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Low Carb Chicken Dinner in a Skillet
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for serving
For the Chicken
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, on both sides until fully cooks.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
For the Vegetables
- Heat remaning 1Tbs oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add green vegetables (green beans, asparagus) and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper
- Divide cooked veggies to plates, and top with chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, if using.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.