This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Watermelon Feta Salad featuring juicy watermelon, tangy feta cheese, and fresh mint makes the perfect dish for hot days! Experience the ultimate summer duo with this irresistible recipe.
Step by step photos and instructions below!
This yummy summer salad is the perfect sweet and salty combination and is great way to eat on a hot day.
Fresh ingredients make the best kind of salad! We mix juicy chilled watermelon with some chopped mint, and make a lime dressing using extra virgin olive oil, fresh lime juice and a little zest, salt and pepper and top it with creamy feta.
This is so easy to make and great to prep ahead and have in the fridge ready to mix up and serve.
Check out the notes for selecting a good watermelon as well as other info!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Pretty to look at. The bright colors of fresh watermelon and feta cheese make this salad look appealing and fun. It’s a great dish to share with friends or enjoy at a party.
- Flavor combination. The mix of sweet, juicy watermelon and salty, tangy feta cheese creates a delectable contrast that excites the taste buds.
- Easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time, it is an effortless dish to whip up. It’s perfect for a quick lunch, a summer potluck, backyard barbecue, or an impromptu picnic.
- Versatile and adaptable. The basic recipe can be customized to suit your preferences. You can add fresh herbs, like mint or basil, for extra flavor or incorporate additional ingredients, such as cucumber, olives, or nuts, to create a more complex and satisfying dish.
Check out my delicious Watermelon Gazpacho for another yummy way to eat watermelon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can prepare watermelon feta salad ahead of time, but it’s best to keep the ingredients separate until you’re ready to serve. Store the cubed watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, and any additional ingredients like cucumber or mint separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Mix them together and add the dressing just before serving to keep the salad fresh and crisp.
Some popular additions include sliced English cucumbers, fresh mint or fresh basil, chopped red onion, black olives, toasted nuts, or even a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Get creative and mix in your favorite ingredients!
What to serve with Watermelon Salad
This salad makes a perfect side dish alongside chicken or fish and is perfect for a summer picnic or barbecue. Enjoy it with other summery dishes like pasta salad or grilled vegetables.
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
Why you should eat watermelon
Packed with vitamins, minerals, and ample hydration, watermelon is a delicious way to nourish your body. Its natural sweetness and refreshing texture make it a perfect ingredient for a variety of salads.
Composed of 92% water, watermelon is an excellent choice for staying hydrated on hot summer days or after a vigorous workout. Its high water content also contributes to its low-calorie count, making it a guilt-free treat.
Tips for choosing the best watermelon
When choosing a watermelon, look for one with a uniform, deep green color. It should be smooth, not overly shiny (will be more matte than shiny).
A yellow or light spot on the surface is normal, as it shows the point where the fruit rested on the ground and ripened in the sun. Avoid watermelons with irregular bumps or flat sides, as this may be a sign of uneven ripening or lack of water.
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Watermelon. See the notes box for choosing the best watermelon! I like to use seedless watermelon for this salad.
- Mint. We use this in the salad, and as a garnish. Keep a few fresh mint leaves out for decoration! Basil can also be used.
- Feta. You can use pre crumbled or block feta. Low fat or full fat feta, either works well. You can also use goat cheese if you have it on hand.
- Dressing: Olive oil, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper. Lemon zest and lemon juice can be substituted if you don’t have limes.
- Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Bowl
- Serving Platter
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
For the salad
Cut the watermelon into bite sized pieces, or use a melon baller, and cut the mint into ribbons.
Combine the watermelon and mint and gently mix.
For the dressing
Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and zest and black pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. You can also use a mason jar and lid and shake your dressing until it is done.
Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and mint and mix gently. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
More delicious salad recipes:
Some of our favorite salad recipes:
- Summery White Bean Salad. Served chilled or at room temperature, this is great to make ahead, or to grab and go! A short prep time means you can have it on the table fast!
- Caprese Orzo Salad (Basil Tomato Mozzarella). An easy side, this salad combines tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil with a yummy homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Make ahead!
- Arugula Salad (with Lemon Vinaigrette). This is the one you’ve been looking for! Peppery arugula mixed with bright tomatoes, parmesan, and dressed with fresh lemon vinaigrette. Perfection!
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on Kylee Cooks, leave a comment and rating – I truly love to hear from you!
Find me on Pinterest, Facebook & Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 4 cups watermelon (cubed)
- ½ cup fresh mint (cut into ribbons)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salad
- Combine the watermelon and mint and gently mix.
For the dressing
- Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and zest and black pepper.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and mint and mix gently.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Leave a Review