Emphasis on pouring yourself a glass of wine.
We really enjoyed this - even the toddler deigned to eat some of it - he likes blue cheese. Good times.
SOURCE: Adapted from Porkbeinspired.com
BLUE CHEESE TOPPED PORK CHOPS
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (make by throwing some bread into a food processor)
- 2 tablespoons green onion or chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- enough olive oil to make it bind a little (for easier sticking to the chops)
- Stir together bread crumbs, cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add enough oil mix well. Set aside.
- Cook pork chops either under the broiler, or in a pan - until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F
- Spread crumb mixture evenly on chops. Broil for a few minutes until crumbs are browned and cheese starts to melt - watch carefully!
- Remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes before serving (a good time to pour some more wine)