This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Gorgeous oven roasted vegetables made even tastier with the tang of balsamic vinegar, the sweetness of brown sugar, finished with the bite of feta cheese….
It’s rather well documented that I love all things balsamic (judging by the number of posts I have written including it!) When I was pregnant with my second son (Cameron – he’s 2 next Sunday!), I had to buy balsamic vinegar every shopping trip. I would walk past the bottle and take swigs….
While not pregnant (I swear, Mum), I still love the flavor of it and use it at every opportunity. Like on these GORGEOUS roasted vegetables. I took some red onions, carrots, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and beets. Then, tossed them with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt & pepper.
I roasted them while I ran around doing other things, pulled them out – let them cool, then drizzled a little more of the simple homemade vinaigrette over the top and sprinkled with feta.
It is an easy, beautiful and absolutely delicious side dish (heck, even a main dish) that complements protein of your choice, and a nice glass of wine! Give these roasted vegetables a go!
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables with Feta
- 1 large red onion peeled and diced into large chunks
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 12 brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 4 medium beets peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar plus extra to serve
- 2 Tbs dark brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Prepare your vegetables, and lay them out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and salt & pepper in a bowl. Reserve a Tbs or 2 for later.
- Pour over vegetables, and using your hands, mix it so all of the vegetables are covered.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (or until your vegetables are tender, and brown).
- Cool, then drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette, and sprinkle with feta.