This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Fluff salad is a vintage favorite! Make this no bake dessert salad or side dish in just a few minutes. It is bursting with blueberry flavor, and easy to make, this will be your new favorite dessert for summer.
Step by step photos and instructions below!
Around here, we are all about blueberry recipes Check out my No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake or my yummy Blueberry Waffles for more fabulousness!
We love this fluff salad – it is a real treat! It couldn’t be easier to make, either. You basically dump the ingredients in a bowl and mix them up, and it’s done!
You can eat it immediately if you want to (but it does benefit from a little chill time – don’t we all?).
A crowd favorite: This is great for a hot summer day since it is no-bake, and the perfect addition to your next picnic, pot luck or holiday table. Loaded with blueberry flavor, this is a sweet treat that is always the first to go!
The simple ingredients includes blueberry pie filling, sweet pineapple, condensed milk, sour cream, marshmallows, nuts and cool whip (aka whipped topping).
Bonus points because it’s called a “salad”, so therefore it must be good for you! (do not come for me, I know this isn’t diet food).
You can serve this family style, or you can make it into individual sized portions. Just scoop it into cups or glasses and decorate with fresh berries.
Try these individual dessert ideas: Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Eton Mess, or Oreo Dirt Pudding Parfaits.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Super easy to make, and only 8 commonly found ingredients.
- One of my favorite things about this recipe is you don’t need any special equipment to make it, and it can be made in just a few minutes.
- No bake – no heating up the house!
- Adaptable. No need to make this exact recipe. Mix your dessert salad up with different flavors. Add or remove ingredients. Make this your own! (Make a cherry fluff salad with fresh cherries, or a strawberry fluff salad just as easily).
- Make a Banana Split Fluff Salad. Just add cherry pie filling and fresh banana chunks (maybe some coconut too)
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s essentially fruit and creamy ingredients combined to be a fluffy, fruity delight.
I would describe this is a creamy fruit salad, similar to a jello salad or Ambrosia salad.
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Blueberry Pie Filling. Switch up up and use any other pie filling flavor to change the base flavor of this dessert salad. You could absolutely make your own pie filling if you wish.
Some Fluff desserts use jello or pudding mixed in the base, but pie filling really works to keep the creamy texture and bump up that blueberry flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk. Grab a can, or make your own!
- Whipped Topping. Also known as cool whip, you can also make your own whipped cream for this salad.
- Sour Cream. You could use low fat sour cream or full fat, or substitute plain or vanilla yogurt.
- Mini Marshmallows. If you can’t find the minis, just grab the bigger ones and slice them up. For a fun color use the pastel colored mini marshmallows instead of white marshmallows.
- Pineapple chunks. I like these for the texture, but crushed pineapple works too (be sure to drain both chunks or crushed if using). Substitute shredded coconut in place of the pineapple chunks. Any canned fruit works (fruit cocktail will give you some good texture and color too as it contains maraschino cherries and other fruits).
- Almonds. These provide a yummy crunchy texture. Substitute chopped pecans or walnuts for the sliced almonds. You can also leave out the nuts if you wish.
- Fresh blueberries. Any fresh fruit will work, but since we are using blueberry in the base, blueberries on top works!
- Large Bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- Plastic wrap
How to make Fluff Salad
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Make the base
In a large bowl, stir together the blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping and sour cream.
Add in the chunkier ingredients
Fold in the mini marshmallows, pineapple and almonds, pineapple chunks until well combined.
Chill (the salad, and you)
Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
How to Store
Cover any leftover salad and store in the fridge for up to three days.
Can you freeze fluff salad?
You can freeze it as well for up to three months in an airtight freezer safe container. However, there may be some texture changes so it’s best served fresh.
Can I make ahead?
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance up to a day before you want to serve it. Store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
More easy dessert recipes
- Slutty Brownies Make this decadent dessert from scratch! With cookie dough on the base, oreos in the middle and brownie batter poured over the top, these are the ultimate dessert!
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pie. Flaky pie crust filled with a custard-like filling, that will invoke memories of times gone by.
- Apple Dumplings. Tart apples wrapped in a flaky biscuit and smothered in a buttery vanilla sauce. Topped with crunchy cinnamon sugar, this is a super easy recipe that delivers on taste!
- Blondies. A super easy recipe for a classic, this Blondie Recipe mixes up fast, contains only 7 ingredients, and tastes amazing!
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on Kylee Cooks, leave a comment and rating – I truly love to hear from you!
Find me on Pinterest, Facebook & Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Blueberry Fluff Salad
- Can opener
- Plastic Wrap
- 21 oz blueberry pie filling
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups whipped topping ((such as Cool Whip), thawed but still cold)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (for garnish if desired)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping and sour cream.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows, pineapple and almonds, pineapple chunks until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve cold.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Leave a Review