This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Celebration KitKat Cake Tutorial is super easy, but looks SO cool!
Customize this cake for any occasion, simply by changing out the color of the candies on the top! Birthday Cake? Great! Choose the birthday person’s favorite color and have at it. Baby Shower? Pastel candies look so sweet!
I LOVED making this birthday kit kat cake, not because it is super complicated, or difficult at ALL, but because I got this beauty… quickly, and easily. I would say this took me about 15 minutes to do.
I totally cheat and use a store-bought cake and you can too! You CAN, of course, make one from scratch (I recommend this cake recipe: Classic Chocolate Cake), make one using a cake mix. (be sure to cool completely at room temperature on a wire rack before frosting and decorating).
- So easy to customize for baby showers (pinks and/or blues)
- This cake is awesome for birthdays (rainbow!)
- Delicious for Thanksgiving (brown, green, beige and orange)
- Perfect for game days (your team colors!)
- Vanilla buttercream, caramel buttercream, strawberry buttercream and my favorite – chocolate buttercream all do well in this layer cake!
The simple process:
- After baking, cooling and buttercream frosting your cake (chocolate frosted is SO good), break the kit kat bars but keep the pieces in order (makes fitting them together on the cake more even). You can do 2s or singles, it won’t matter.
- Fit them to the sides of the cake, they’ll stick to the frosting easily.
- Tie with a ribbon to keep it all together.
- Fill the top by adding candies of your choice to the top of the cake.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Celebration Kit Kat Cake
- 5 packages kitkat chocolate bars
- 1 9inch round, frosted cake
- Ribbon of your choice
- 1 cup colored candies
- Break the kitkats, but keep the pieces in order (makes fitting them together on the cake more even). You can do 2s or singles, it won’t matter.
- Fit the kitkats to the outside of the cake, they’ll stick to the frosting easily.
- Tie with a ribbon, and add a bow.
- Fill the top with your choice candies.