This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
When I was newly pregnant, my doctor told me to cut back on the carbs, and bump up the protein. My excellent friend, Courtney, took this to heart – and as a “woohoo, you’re all kinds of knocked up” gift, she brought me beef. Yep, beef. The girl knows her stuff
Such a thoughtful gift, particularly in the fatigue filled first trimester. I have some awesome mates. Mouthwateringly delicious, I served this with roasted veggies, and some brussels sprouts. Heaven.
Herb crusted prime ribPrint
- Place beef, fat side up, in large shallow roasting pan or on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle beef all over with salt and pepper. Spread mustard all over beef.
- Mix rosemary and thyme in small bowl; sprinkle over beef and press lightly to adhere. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Position rack just below center of oven and preheat to 450°F. Roast beef uncovered 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Roast beef 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Roast beef until thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125°F for medium-rare, about 55 minutes longer. Transfer beef to platter; tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Discard drippings from roasting pan. Place pan over 2 burners on stove top over medium heat. Add butter to pan and melt. Add flour; whisk until smooth and just beginning to color, about 5 minutes. Whisk in stock. Boil until sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 10 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.