This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Flaky phyllo pastry encases a rich and tasty beef filling, topped with cheese, and baked until perfect. These beef and cheese phyllo pies are awesome for any time of year!
Pies, Pies…I love a good pie!
Want more beef? Of course you do!
Beef & Cheese Phyllo Pies
- Heat oil in a saucepan at medium heat.
- Add onion and ground beef, cook on until onion is softened and the beef is browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 10 to 15 mins until sauce thickens.
- Stir in oregano, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with butter, top with a second buttered sheet and place a third sheet on top. Cut in half. Repeat with remaining phyllo to make four pies, of three layers each.
- Add 1/4 Cup cheese and about 3/4 Cup of beef mixture on the centre of each phyllo section, top with cheese.
- Fold/roll edges over, to enclose, and brush tops with butter.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.