This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Taco seasoned beef, pinto beans and cheese all wrapped in one delicious package, these Mini Taco Beef and Bean Pies are so easy to make, and so good to eat.
Ever heard the saying “good things come in small packages“? Well, it’s ESPECIALLY true here.
I needed something to feed the family for lunch on a weekend, and had a quick rummage around my fridge and pantry trying to figure out something other than sandwiches. Some pie crusts that never made it to being on the holiday table, some ground beef, some cheddar cheese and a can of beans – and we were in business.
Look how cute they are! (excuse the crumb on my finger – I can’t be bothered to edit it out).
Make ahead and freeze
I got 32 mini pies out of this recipe – we ate (ahem) around 20, and I froze the rest unbaked. I can now pull a dozen pies out of the freezer, brush em with an egg wash and bake them up for ANOTHER quick lunch, or an appetizer when we have guests.
I love adding the little cubes of cheese to the center – but you don’t have to. You could also switch out the type of cheese for something milder if you wanted to (I just happened to have a block of cheddar).
I served them with some sour cream that I blended a little sriracha into, but you could fancy it all the way up and do an avocado salad and fresh pico de gallo and call it a meal!
More appetizer recipes:
- Baked Coconut Shrimp. These easy baked coconut shrimp are the perfect appetizer or light dinner. Crispy, crunchy and with a dipping sauce, this one is a winner!
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bread Dippers (in a skillet!). A warm skillet full of delicious, Creamy Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, surrounded by baked-in-the-skillet chewy bread – perfect for sharing!
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball. Make this easy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball for your next party or gathering, and watch it disappear fast! This is a great make ahead appetizer!
- Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls. Super tasty southwestern egg rolls with sweet corn, black beans, spinach and cilantro. These are as tasty as they sound!
- Easy Queso Dip Recipe (in a skillet) An easy queso dip recipe, made in one skillet, combines chorizo, cilantro, 3 cheeses and fresh pico de gallo – perfect for entertaining!
- Ham & Pineapple Cheese Ball. Easy and fast to mix up, and place in the fridge for later. A great make ahead appetizer, this Ham & Pineapple Cheese Ball is sure to please the majority of guests!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip. Super easy to make, and always the first to be devoured, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great appetizer recipe for parties and gatherings!
- Scallops with Pineapple Salsa (from Hostess at Heart)
- ALL APPETIZER RECIPES
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Mini Taco Beef & Bean Pies
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until fully cooked – drain excess fat.
- Pour half the can of beans in a bowl and mash until smooth. Combine with remaining beans (with the liquid– and add to the ground beef.
- Stir in the seasoning, and test for flavor.
- Remove from heat, and fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Roll out the pie crust a little thinner than it already is. Cut into circles.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of filling onto half of the circles, and place a cube of cheddar into each, before topping with the remaining pastry circles.
- Use a fork to enclose the pies and seal.
- Cut a small slit with a knife in each pie, and brush with egg.
- Place on cookie sheets, and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.
Source: Adapted from Kitchen Gidget