This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
An easy queso dip recipe, made in one skillet, combines chorizo, cilantro, 3 cheeses and fresh pico de gallo – perfect for entertaining!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tillamook. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ready for the holidays? Yeah, me neither. Time to embrace it, folks! Whenever we have people over, I am always exhausted after they leave and I wonder how much time I actually spent hanging with friends, vs in the kitchen prepping/cooking/cleaning?
Seems like a shame to “entertain” but barely give anyone your full attention, right?
Make things a little easier on yourself by whipping up this show-stopping, cheese-pull-y skillet queso.
Make it ahead and throw it in the oven when guests arrive – this will give you MUCH more time to actually enjoy the company!
I want to share my newest love with you:
Yeah, it’s cheese. But not just any cheese, you guys. This Farmstyle Cut Shredded Cheese is HUGE! Check out the size of the shreds! Bigger. Meltier. Tastier. Size TOTALLY matters…
The bigger the shred, the better the stretch, I mean – check out the evidence:
Tillamook is a huge favorite of mine and has been forever. A friend of mine introduced me to the quality of it several years ago – and I’ve been hooked ever since. When I saw the shredded cheese in the dairy case at my local store – I was almost giddy. I love a good shortcut but hate to sacrifice quality. I’m so glad that now I don’t have to!
Tillamook comes in several varieties – check out your local store for your favorites!
How to make this Queso Dip Recipe:
- Brown some chorizo in a cast iron skillet.
- Remove chorizo, add a little olive oil and flour, and make a roux.
- Whisk in some milk, some Oaxaca, Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Mexican 4 Shredded Cheese, cilantro and mix until it gets melty.
- Top with Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Mexican 4 Shredded Cheese and broil until the top bubbles.
- Serve with homemade Pico de Gallo (tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt & pepper + lime juice)
Here’s a quick visual slide-show
What is YOUR favorite holiday entertaining hack?
Easy Skillet Queso Dip Recipe
FOR THE QUESO DIP
- 7 oz chorizo if in links, remove the casings
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 10 oz Oaxaca cheese cut into chunks
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 4 oz Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 4 oz Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Mexican 4 Shredded Cheese
FOR THE PICO DE GALLO
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 2 tsp garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- FOR THE QUESO DIP
- Cook the chorizo in a cast iron skillet until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chorizo and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and whisk in the flour to make a roux. Cook for 30 seconds, then whisk in the milk.
- Continue to cook until the mixture thickens.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the chorizo back into the skillet, as well as the Oaxaca cheese chunks, and the cilantro and the Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Mexican 4 Shredded Cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Top with Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the top is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving with Pico de Gallo and corn chips.
- FOR THE PICO DE GALLO
- Chop all ingredients finely, and combine in a bowl, testing for seasoning and adjusting.