This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A fabulous appetizer or snack, these Pulled Pork Nachos are super easy to make and a total crowd-pleaser.
Make them for a party, make them for game day, make them for dinner. Just make them!
Step by step photos and instructions below!
You will LOVE this easy recipe that can be an appetizer, snack, lunch, or dinner! It uses Pulled Pork (hey, if you have leftovers – use them!) You could swing by your local BBQ restaurant and pick up some pulled pork, or make your own. This can be also be adapted to use leftover rotisserie chicken if that is what you have.
This is one of my favorite things to make on a weekend, especially when we are busy because everyone loves it and it doesn’t take long to make. We just keep the ingredients on hand and prepped (they are pretty common items, you probably already have them!)
We don’t have people over very often, but you can imagine how quickly these go – and how crowded it gets around the platter when I pull these nachos out of the oven! Thankfully it is easy to double, triple or quadruple, right?
Why this recipe works
- Quick and Easy. Simply lay out your tortilla chips and top with deliciousness.
- Budget-friendly. Nothing crazy expensive, but it IS crazy good.
- Family-friendly. Grab a fork, or don’t!
- Adaptable. Use what you have on hand. Use your favorite bbq sauce, use smoked pork, or any other leftover shredded meat (beef, chicken).
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
If you want to get super fancy, squeeze a little lime juice into your sour cream, and add it to a squeeze bottle. It not only adds flavor, but makes it easy to distribute!
If you’d like some extra flavor, add a little chili powder to your BBQ sauce.
- Add some black beans or some jalapenos to the top.
- Add some chopped fresh tomato.
- Grill up some corn and add to the top, too!
- While I like to use Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese or pepper jack are also good!
This is an overview. The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
How to make Pulled Pork Nachos:
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut up the cilantro, red onions and shred your cheese (if using a block).
Add a layer of chips to the prepared baking sheet, spreading to make sure the entire surface is covered. You could try placing them more prettily than I do if looks matter to you!
Add the pulled pork, then the red onion. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top, then add the shredded cheese (you may like to use up to 1 cup shredded cheese more than the 8oz I suggest).
Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
Remove the nachos from the oven and squirt sour cream over the top, then chopped cilantro. Add some lime wedges and/or sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper if you’d like to, and serve.
More delicious appetizers:
- Baked Coconut Shrimp. These easy baked coconut shrimp are the perfect appetizer or light dinner. Crispy, crunchy and with a dipping sauce, this one is a winner!
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball. Make this easy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball for your next party or gathering, and watch it disappear fast! This is a great make-ahead appetizer!
- Easy Queso Dip Recipe (in a skillet) An easy queso dip recipe, made in one skillet, combines chorizo, cilantro, 3 cheeses and fresh pico de gallo – perfect for entertaining!
- Ham & Pineapple Cheese Ball. Easy and fast to mix up, and place in the fridge for later. A great make-ahead appetizer, this Ham & Pineapple Cheese Ball is sure to please the majority of guests!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip. Super easy to make, and always the first to be devoured, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great appetizer recipe for parties and gatherings!
- Scallops with Pineapple Salsa (from Hostess at Heart)
- ALL APPETIZER RECIPES
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Pulled Pork Nachos
- 12 oz tortilla chips
- 2 cups prepared pulled pork
- ½ cup red onion diced finely
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Avocado slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut up the cilantro, red onions and shred your cheese (if using a block).
- Add a layer of chips to the prepared baking sheet, spreading to make sure the entire surface is covered.
- Add the pulled pork, then the red onion. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top, then add 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and squirt sour cream over the top, then chopped cilantro. Add some lime wedges and/or sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper if you’d like to, and serve.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.