This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Aaah, it’s soup season!! To me, there’s nothing better than a bowl of warm homemade soup to begin a meal, or even BE the meal. I’m making different batches of soup lately, eating a bowl and freezing the rest in 1 serving sized containers. That way, whenever I need a lunch, or a dinner – I have plenty to choose from and don’t get sick of eating an entire batch of one soup.
This soup is warm and comforting, but is really bright too with the addition of the lemon. Using fresh thyme is key (in my opinion), but i’m sure dried would work JUST FINE. Hope you like it as much as we did! NOTE: This can be made vegan by using plain almond milk instead of the regular milk, and by using vegetable broth.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Stir in the heated broth, potatoes, garlic and thyme and zest.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the beans. Blend soup with hand blender, but not too well, there should still be chunks of potato and a few beans.
- Add lemon juice and stir, then add milk.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated thoroughly.