Sweet, spicy, juicy instant pot pulled pork, this recipe uses an instant pot for maximum speed but tender, mouthwatering results. This is one to make over and over!
Did you get an Instant Pot for Christmas? Join the club! Lots of people I know received one in their stocking (must have been a huge stocking), and are now clamoring for recipes.
I’ve put a few instant pot recipes on this site in the last few months (check them out here), but EVERYONE loves pulled pork, don’t they?
I use mine regularly – making mashed potatoes, boiling eggs, even making a quick weeknight spaghetti right in the pot!Sweet, spicy, juicy pulled pork, using an #instantpot for max speed & tender, mouthwatering resultsClick To Tweet
Folks, I’m going to get real with you. Pulled pork is not very pretty to look at. Or to watch others eat. This is not something you’d serve when you have important company over for dinner. While they’ll be impressed by the flavors, they might not be able to get over seeing you elbow deep in a sandwich with barbecue sauce running down your chin. Consider yourself warned.
This IS, however, perfect to bring to a family reunion, picnic in the park, or for any old day that you want a great tasting meal!
Variations for Instant Pot Pulled Pork:
- Add some cumin to the cooking sauce for a deeper flavor.
- Buy or make (!) several different types of rolls for people to choose from.
- Allow people to sweeten or spice it up – use a spicy barbecue sauce, or a sweet one!
- Serve with a fresh coleslaw, some potato chips and plenty of napkins.
Want more recipes? Of course you do!
What’s the first thing you’d try in an Instant Pot?
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Sweet, spicy, juicy pulled pork - using an instant pot for maximum speed but tender, mouthwatering results. This is one to make over and over
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Extra barbeque sauce
- Cut your pork shoulder into smaller pieces (around 2-3 inch cubes works best).
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mixed until well blended.
- Pour a little of the mixture into the instant pot, then add the pork.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over the pork.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the vent to Seal – and cook on manual for 75 minutes (high pressure).
- When cooking is complete, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release.
- Remove the pork and place in a large bowl. Shred the meat using two forks.
- Add the remaining sauce from the instant pot until you have the consistency you prefer.
- Serve with hot buttered rolls and coleslaw.