This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Buttery, garlicky and cheesy, soft – all good words to describe these Buttery Cheddar Garlic Rolls! Fabulous is also quite accurate!
I love a good cinnamon roll – making them is a lot of fun to me, I enjoy the whole process, especially the eating. These buttery cheddar garlic rolls are based on the same baking technique, but with a whole other flavor profile. I had intended these to go with the dinner I planned to make. However, once I pulled these out of the oven, I knew that idea was not going to work out. The smell coming from my kitchen had everyone at my house suddenly need to be around the table. So, we ate these. And didn’t require dinner. Ha.
KITCHEN HACK: I use a repurposed cheese shaker filled with flour to flour my counter tops. Means an even sprinkle and no mess!
Here’s a quick pictorial on how I make these Buttery Cheddar Garlic Rolls
You’re so very welcome.
Looking for more tasty bread recipes? How about these?
Buttery Cheddar Garlic RollsPrint Pin Rate
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour divided
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast 1 package
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk warmed (but not hot)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- Extra butter for brushing on top
- In a stand mixer, combine 2 Cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add the milk, butter, water and egg, and mix using the dough hook, adding the remaining flour a little at a time. A shaggy, thick, sticky dough will form.
- Continue kneading, either by hand or by mixer until the dough become smooth and springs back when you press it with a finger.
- Let the dough rest on the counter for 15 minutes, covered with a barely damp towel.
- Sprinkle flour on your countertop, and roll out dough to a rectangle..
- Mix the butter, garlic, salt and pepper together, and spread out over the entire surface of the dough.
- Add the cheese evenly over the dough.
- Roll up, and cut into 12 rolls (I use dental floss for a clean cut).
- Place the rolls in your baking dish, cover and let them rise for about an hour - until puffy.
- Preheat the oven to 375, and bake for 20 minutes until browned.
- Remove from the oven, and brush with butter.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks