This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A delicious new take on an old favorite, these caramel apple cinnamon rolls are perfect for sharing (or not!)
We have new neighbors, and while we’ll miss the old ones – I’m so happy for the new ones too. A family has moved in, and we’re excited to get to know them!
Want more rolls?
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 1/2 Tbs ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 large apple diced
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar 4 ounces
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs milk
- Place dough ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough cycle is done, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes - this is an important step, don't skip!
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle the diced apple over the top.
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. I use (plain, unflavoured) dental floss to do this.
- Place a piece of dental floss under the rolled dough, 1 inch from the end. Bring the floss up around the dough and cross it over the top, cutting through the dough and filling. Repeat at 1-inch intervals.
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15-25 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together caramel sauce, powdered sugar, cream cheese, salt and milk.
- Drizzle/spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
Stand Mixer/Dough Hook instructions:
- Combine milk and sugar in a bowl, and put in microwave until the temp is reached (it's supposed to be lukewarm, not hot).
- Sprinkle yeast over the surface, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy. (
- Tiny bubbles should begin to appear on the surface or around the edge of the container and it should start to smell yeasty).
- Add the yeast mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer with the dough hook attached.
- Add the flour, salt, eggs and butter and knead for 8-10 minutes. It should form a ball, and be relatively smooth.
- Let sit in a warm place, until doubled in size (about an hour?). Punch down - follow from Step 2 above)