This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Scrumptious Cinnamon Rolls filled with pumpkin pie stuffed flavor, rolled and baked, then slathered with a spice-spiked cream cheese frosting. Hello, Fall!
It’s FALL!! Well. Fine, maybe not in Phoenix, but absolutely in other parts of the country, pumpkin and pumpkin spice is being baked, poured, smelled and devoured.
While I’ve never been a pumpkin spice latte fan *clutch your pearls if you must*, I’m a sucker for pumpkin, and pumpkin spice flavors in baked goods.
Given my penchant for cinnamon rolls, as evidenced clearly on this blog – it was a no brainer to use my old faithful roll dough recipe, and switch out the typical butter/brown sugar/cinnamon combo for a swipe of butter, and a rich pumpkin filling.
[Tweet “Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls #pumpkin #pie #cinnamonrolls #recipe #yum”]
These rolls are awesome. The smell of them baking is just crazy good. I wish I’d taken pictures of my husband walking around the living room holding a pan of these, with both of my sons following along after him like he was the pied piper…. haha.
I mean…. look….
I think the world just NEEDS more pumpkin pie stuffed things, right?
Want more rolls? Of course you do!
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- Place dough ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough cycle is done, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes - this is an important step, don't skip!
- Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter, and spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the dough. Leave a gap for sealing the long edge.
- Roll up dough, seal, and cut into 12 rolls. I use (plain, unflavoured) dental floss to do this.
- Place a piece of dental floss under the rolled dough, 1 inch from the end. Bring the floss up around the dough and cross it over the top, cutting through the dough and filling. Repeat at 1-inch intervals.
- Place rolls in 2 lightly greased deep dish pie pans (or use a 9x13 pan). Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt, pumpkin pie spice. Add milk to achieve consistency desired.
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
- Stand Mixer/Dough Hook instructions:
- Combine milk and sugar in a bowl, and put in microwave until the temp is reached (it's supposed to be lukewarm, not hot).
- Sprinkle yeast over the surface, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- (Tiny bubbles should begin to appear on the surface or around the edge of the container and it should start to smell yeasty).
- Add the yeast mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer with the dough hook attached.
- Add the flour, salt, eggs and butter and knead for 8-10 minutes. It should form a ball, and be relatively smooth.
- Let sit in a warm place, until doubled in size (about an hour?). Punch down - follow from Step 2 above)
Pumpkin/Pumpkin Spice was the theme for this month’s BreadBakers.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month, the host is ME!! If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Check out what everyone else came up with!
#BreadBakers – Pumpkin/Pumpkin Spice
- Almost Vegan Chocolate and Pumpkin Loaf Cake by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Brown Butter & Pumpkin Seed Scones by Food Above Gold
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Quick Bread by Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and a Trio of Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hearty Whole Wheat Bread with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Italian Pumpkin Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Lal Bhoplyachya Gharge by Sneha’s Recipe
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread by Plated Cravings
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl by A Baker’s House
- Pumpkin Cardamom Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Chocolate Babka by House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Cornbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling by Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Pepita Muffin Tops by A Salad For All Seasons
- Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls by Kylee Cooks
- Pumpkin Raisin Scones by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Ricotta Pull Apart Buns by Food Smart Mom
- Pumpkin Sour Cherry Sourdough Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Bread with Kinako by What Smells So Good?
- Pumpkin Spice Swirl Quickbread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Multigrain Pumpkin Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Two Tone Pumpkin Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Sandwich Loaf by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Yeasted Pumpkin Bread by Veenas Vegnation