This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A big bowl of comfort, this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta will stick to your ribs and have everyone fight over leftovers!
I’m on a roll with comfort food lately. It’s been SUPER cold in Phoenix (well, relative only to Phoenix – the rest of the country might be pleased with the kind of weather we’re having).
I’ve been forced to wear long sleeves, and sometimes even a cardigan while at work. I know, I know – poor me… lol. I guess at least there’s no ice on my windshield or snow to deal with?
In any case, I love coming home and whipping up big batches of warming pasta and hot soups ready for when the husband shows up (or not – then he can heat it up later). The husband works outside, so has more cause to complain about cold than I do!
This is GREAT for making on the weekend and then reheating during the week, the flavors of the enchilada sauce blended with the chicken and chiles intensifies and is super tasty. I’ve been known to hide the leftovers, so I can take some for lunch!Love this? Tweet it!
This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta is NOT diet food. Sorry to all of you who are attempting to maintain your New Year resolutions! If you’re going to fall off the wagon, this recipe is a great start. Yep, it contains “processed cheese” that rhymes with mel-wheat-a, but this is an indulgence, and … well, it’s delicious (please don’t judge me!)
This is great for when you want the southwestern flavors, but don’t feel like rolling filling into tortillas. Also, the kids will actually eat this! Score!
Kylee’s notes for Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Make your own enchilada sauce – it only takes a few minutes, but makes a huge difference – recipe here
- Try layering the pasta mixture and the chicken mixture – kind of like how you’d do lasagna
- Use different kinds of pasta, penne, rotini, bow ties, shells – all work fine
Want more weeknight dinners? Of course you do!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Cilantro, limes, sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Cook pasta until JUST cooked (use minimum recommended cooking time on package). Drain.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add cubed processed cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and the milk.
- Cook on high in 30-second increments, mixing at each increment, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pasta stir pasta into cheese sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, butter and taco seasoning mix.
- Mix into the pasta, and top with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling on the sides.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, then serve with the cilantro, limes, and sour cream.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.