This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Blend your own Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice! Ditch the store-bought jars, and make this super easy recipe.
It will keep in an airtight jar ready for whenever you want to use it! Use it in everything that calls for a little Pumpkin Spice.
There’s nothing wrong with store-bought spice mixes. They’re convenient, of course. But, as with most convenience products – I really enjoy making my own where possible. Controlling what goes in (and what doesn’t) is the best part!!
Oftentimes, I’ll see a recipe calling for Pumpkin Pie Spice, which can easily be bought at the grocery store, but as with my Cajun Seasoning, Tuscan Seasoning, Poultry Seasoning & Taco Seasoning, I figured if I can make those, I can make this too!
What is pumpkin pie spice made of?
A blend of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and nutmeg
Is allspice the same as pumpkin spice?
Nope, sure isn’t! It’s a component of pumpkin spice, but not the entire mix.
Is pumpkin spice gluten-free?
Yes, and no. It will depend on each brand of spice that you use to make your mix. If you need to be gluten-free – make sure to check packaging and look for “Certified Gluten-Free”
I hope you enjoy this pumpkin pie spice recipe – I make a full batch every Fall, (sometimes two) to get me through the baking season! This is a wonderful Fall spice that lends itself very well to pretty much everything! I do have a recipe for pumpkin pie, they’re actually minis (so I can eat 4 and consider it “balanced”)
How to make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice
Gather the ingredients (ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground allspice) and measure them out. Blend together in a small bowl and then store in an airtight jar.
How to use this spice blend:
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
- Play around with your ingredients. If you really hate the taste of allspice, leave it out! Dial up or down the nutmeg – it really depends on what you love.
- Use in these recipes:
- Sprinkle on roasted vegetables – Fall veggies taste even better!
- Add it to coffee: Mix pumpkin pie spice with your coffee grounds, or sprinkle it top!
- Pumpkin Pancakes – These pretty pancakes are perfect for fall and taste amazing with just a little butter and syrup.
- Pumpkin Waffles – Using just 2 bowls! With warm spices and yummy pumpkin, they’re a must make!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal – dial up your breakfast and welcome Fall!
- Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix (from Lemon Blossoms)
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3 cup cinnamon
- 1 Tbs ground ginger
- 1 Tbs Nutmeg
- 1 Tbs Ground Cloves
- 2 tsp Ground Allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container and use as needed in recipes.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.