This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A hybrid between a donut and a muffin – sweet, fluffy, dipped in butter and then rolled in cinnamon sugar. These are the perfect treat with coffee or tea!
Hi! Hope your Thanksgiving was great! We spent some time together as a family in the San Diego area. We visited the USS Midway, went on a fishing boat (caught a couple, but had to throw em back), rode our bikes EVERYWHERE, and had a great time.
We’re back now, and while Thanksgiving is over, now I can get excited about Christmas. Raise your hand if you put your tree and decorations up already? We haven’t, but we will this weekend!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Sweet, fluffy, Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins #recipe #muffin #homemade #baking #cinnamon” quote=”Sweet, fluffy, Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins #recipe #muffin #homemade #baking #cinnamon”]
So, want to talk about these donut muffins?
I thought so. They’re SO easy to make, and the batter makes a TON. Like, 48 mini muffins.
I tried making them in my donut pan, but didn’t love the result. The next time I tried them, I put them in mini muffin pans, and … well, you can see how they are! Yum!
I love to have baked goods hanging about for whenever people drop by. Granted, we live a fairly hermit lifestyle, but the intentions are good. Want to come over and drink coffee with me?
Want more baked goods? Of course you do!
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
For the topping:
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in one bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and fold in until JUST combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin wells, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until they spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly.
For the topping
- Add the melted butter to a small bowl.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a another bowl.
- Dip each muffin first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks