This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Cute little one-bite baked donuts, perfect for portion control (unless you eat 8), but less guilt-ridden than fried!
It’s February! Which means bring out all the red food coloring, dig out your Valentine’s day decor (haha – yeah, okay – so I don’t decorate for Valentine’s Day – but you might), and get baking some sweet treats (like these donuts) for the ones you love. Love it or not, Valentine’s day is awesome. I particularly love February 15th, because all the chocolate is 75% off…. These mini baked donuts are the perfect one-bite treat, and are super cute. Make a bunch of them and give them away, or eat the entire batch yourself while watching old movies alone, in the dark. I’m not judging.
[Tweet “Mini Baked Donuts with Raspberry Glaze #valentinesday #pink #donuts #homemade #recipe”]
I made these as part of a group challenge, for What’s Baking. This group has a theme every other month, and everyone in the group bakes within that theme. Our What’s Baking challenge this month, hosted by the lovely Kate of Kate’s Recipe Box, was obviously – baked donuts. Be sure to checkout Kate’s blog later this month for the full round up!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs milk
- 2 tsp raspberry extract
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, egg, and butter, and mix until JUST combined.
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock with the corner cut out, and fill each donut cup 1/2 full. Don't get crazy about this - the batter will rise quite a bit during baking, and you do want holes! (Overfilling just makes the hole close up)
- Bake 6 minutes or until the top of the donut springs back when touched.
- Cool in pan for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until sugar is dissolved. Mixture will be runny.
- Dip cooled donuts in and set on cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Re-dip and sprinkle your chosen decorations on top, and let dry.