This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Coconut Banana Bread is a yummy snack, and goes great with your morning (or afternoon) tea or coffee.
Adding coconut to this all time classic is a way to change-up the flavor, in a very tasty way.
Step by step photos and instructions below!
This Banana Bread recipe is a keeper, you’ll love how easy it is! You will be addicted to the smell of coconut and sweet bananas baking that will fill your house!
This is a great quick bread that lends itself well to being toasted, spread with butter, or just on its own. It’s not as cake-like as most banana bread recipes, it’s a little sturdier and and holds together well. The coconut flavor pairs really well with the bananas!
This recipe has tropical flavors thanks to the sweetened coconut and ripe bananas. I like to change it up by spreading Nutella on slices, or adding dark chocolate chips to the batter.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Super easy. We simply mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients, pour in a loaf pan and bake.
- Delicious. This banana bread can be eaten alone, spread with butter or Nutella.
If you are into banana flavors, you’ll love my Banana Pancakes, Banana Cupcakes or Strawberry Banana Muffins too!
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Mixing Bowls
- Loaf Pan (affiliate link).
- Stand Mixer, or Handheld Mixer
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter the inside of a (9×5) loaf pan.
Combine the dry ingredients
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and coconut and set aside.
Make the batter
In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes on medium speed).
Add the eggs, and mix well.
Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Fold in the mixed dry ingredients, until just combined. Don’t over blend!
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan – it will be slightly shaggy.
Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top.
Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean – about 50 minutes.
Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove from the pan and place onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
Slice, and devour.
How to store Banana Bread
Cool completely and keep in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
I use unsweetened coconut in my recipe, but you can use sweetened if you prefer.
Almond extract instead of vanilla extract is a great substitution.
This recipe can frozen after baking. Cool completely, then place entire loaf of banana bread in a freezer bag and freeze. You can also freeze slices, using parchment paper pieces in between the slices.
More delicious baked goods:
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins. A hybrid between a donut and a muffin – sweet, fluffy, dipped in butter and then rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- Raspberry Crumb Muffins. Delicate, vanilla-y muffins, with a buttery crumb topping, and a sweet jammy surprise inside, these won’t last long.
- Cowboy Cookies. Thick, chewy and packed with chocolate, raisins and nuts, these Cowboy Cookies are the real deal! A recipe you’ll make over and over, these are sure to be a family favorite!
- Scotcheroos. Scotcheroos are a no bake dessert classic! We combine a crispy chewy bottom layer with a creamy smooth top layer of chocolate and butterscotch chips. This will be a family favorite!
- Banana Cream Cheesecake. Banana Cheesecake is a delicious hybrid of Banana Cream Pie and cheesecake. A rich, creamy, pile of cheesecakey banana deliciousness. It’s the perfect finale to any meal!
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on Kylee Cooks, leave a comment and rating – I truly love to hear from you!
Find me on Pinterest, Facebook & Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Coconut Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (plus a tablespoon for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 overripe bananas (you need a cup and a half of mashed bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Generously butter the inside of a (9×5) loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and coconut and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes on medium speed).
- Add the eggs, and mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the mixed dry ingredients, until just combined. Don't over blend!
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan – it will be slightly shaggy.
- Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean – about 50 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then invert onto a wire rack, to cool completely.
- Slice, and devour.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Update: This recipe was originally published in May of 2017. It was republished with updated photos in June of 2022.
Leave a Review