This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Baked Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups recipe is a simple process that yields an amazing churro-like breakfast treat. 20 minutes in the oven (if you can wait that long) to dig in to these!
Step-by-step photos and instructions are below!
Can you believe I actually had to convince my children to try these? They’re deeply suspicious of all new foods (ugh), and were skeptical when I said brightly “they’re really good!! Try one!”.
I think they’re onto me, because I also said that about asparagus a few weeks ago, and they did try it. And hated it.
I guess I kind of deserved that one.
Anyway – the cinnamon-y deliciousness of these Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups hit their nostrils, and they deigned to taste it. Naturally, their mother was right (as always – we’ll forget about the asparagus incident).
If you like this – you might also enjoy this recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Rolls:
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It’s super easy to make a LOT of. You are limited only by the number of ingredients you have, and the amount of baking trays that fit in your oven!
- Delicious. Seriously, these are epic. The whole family will love these.
- Easy to make. Check out the pics below!
I have included step-by-step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.Love Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups? Tweet it!
Recipe Ingredients and Possible Substitutes
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and slice the crusts off the bread
Lay out 2 shallow dishes (I use pie plates sometimes)
Flatten the bread and mix up the filling and coating
Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread out.
Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Combine the sugar and cinnamon until well combined and add to one of the shallow dishes. In the other, add the melted butter.
Spread each slice of bread thickly with the cream cheese mixture.
Roll up tightly
Dip in the butter.
Then dip the sugar and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
How about a variation?
Cooked apples, diced small are awesome inside these, or maybe Raspberries, Blueberries, Nutella. Even peaches!
Can I make these ahead?
Yes! I make these, bake them and then let them cool. They are great reheated in the oven, for about 5 minutes.
More breakfast recipes:
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Tart-but-sweet, with fresh lemon juice and zest and ricotta to create a gorgeous, fluffy result!
- Bacon Sausage Breakfast Sliders. Breakfast YOUR way with bacon, sausage, egg and cheese in a soft bun, brushed with garlic-butter… yes please!
- How to make French Toast. A super easy recipe for French Toast that can be adapted to your tastes. Delicious and always a family favorite! Make this for the family today!
- Easy Blueberry Waffles from Scratch. These waffles are light and fluffy and golden brown – and take just a few minutes to whip up. You can have 4 Belgian sized waffles in about 15 minutes! DIG IN!!
- Vanilla Maple Baked French Toast. Delightfully flavored french toast, topped with a sweet/nutty/crunchy topping, be warned – you will get addicted!!
- Cinnamon Rolls. Warm, gooey, soft homemade cinnamon rolls with a sweet and creamy frosting that melts deliciously into them… oh my.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes. A childhood favorite and a sure-fire way to get your family excited to eat breakfast, these Chocolate Chip Pancakes fit the bill!
- ALL BREAKFAST RECIPES
Baked Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice the crusts off the bread
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread out.
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Lay out 2 shallow dishes (I use pie plates sometimes)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon until well combined and add to one of the shallow dishes.
- In the other, add the melted butter.
- Spread each slice of bread thickly with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up tightly, dip in the butter, then the sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Update: This recipe was originally published in May of 2017. It was republished with updated photos in July of 2021.