This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups recipe is SO easy – resulting in a decadent breakfast treat, and very clean plates. Whip these up and watch them disappear!
Brace yourselves, folks. You’re going to want to make these immediately.
(Kylee and Kylee Cooks is not responsible for any damage caused by drooling, or injuries sustained when you trip over your feet to get to the kitchen to make these)
Hi! It’s the weekend, and while I know I don’t usually post on a weekend, I’m shakin’ things up around here! I know. Get AWAY with my bad self.This Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups recipe is SO easy - resulting in a decadent breakfast treat, and very clean plates. Whip these up and watch them disappear! #breakfast #frenchtoast #recipe #kyleecooks #easy #strawberry
So, these Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups happened when I was racing around trying to figure out what to feed the family for breakfast (and ensure they actually eat it instead of demanding bowls of cereal). Cereal is great – but, on a weekend, I feel like I could really make a bit more effort.
French toast is awesome, but STUFFED french toast rolls has to be the one-up, right? We’re all about the one-up in my house. You’re a super hero? Cool. I’m a super-super hero.
Can you tell I live with 4 and 6 year old little boys?
I love a cooked breakfast, and true to form – the boys devoured these. The Husband wasn’t around (working), which while that is bad (we miss him), it was also good (more French Toast Rolls for us). It’s about balance, folks!!
I knew the boys would enjoy them – they’re huge fans of my Baked Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups, and this is a similar concept, with the main notable difference that for this recipe we don’t dip in butter and cinnamon sugar, instead making a french toast dip of eggs, vanilla, half and half and a little cinnamon, and dipping the rolls in that instead.
I used my favorite Small Batch Strawberry Jam for these, but any good quality jam is fine, I promise. When I say things like that, I feel like Ina Garten:
I SWEAR store-bought is fine, I just want to give you options!!
Here’s the ingredients, that you probably already have:
Super easy – check out the simple steps (I didn’t take pics of the dipping or cooking process – that’s easy to imagine, right? Awesome, thanks)
Variations on Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups:
- Switch out the strawberry jam for blueberry, raspberry or peach
- Fresh grated apples would be great with this too, just add a little cinnamon to them
- Nutella. Enough said.
Can I make these ahead?
Yes, but be sure to store them in the fridge. A quick heat in the oven (don’t overdo it) and a fresh sprinkle of powdered sugar will make these yummy!
Can I freeze these Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups?
You can. I have made them ahead and cooked them, and just baked them in the oven to thaw and reheat!
Want more breakfast ideas? Of course you do!
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Rolls
- 12 slices bread any kind
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup half & half or milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 Tbs butter
Optional, to serve
- fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbs powdered sugar
- Slice the crusts off the bread, and using a rolling pin, flatten the bread out.
- Making sure the cream cheese is soft and spreadable, spread each slice of bread thickly with cream cheese.
- Top without about 1 tsp strawberry jam.
- Spread until the surface is covered. Roll up each slice of bread and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, half & half and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in large skillet, over medium heat.
- Dip the rolls in the egg mixture, then cook each roll in the skillet, adding more butter if needed, turning to brown evenly. This should take only a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.