This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
These delicious strawberry banana muffins are packed full of fresh flavors, and last about 5 minutes after coming out of the oven! They’ll be devoured FAST!
Nothing much makes me happier than a batch of muffins, fresh from the oven.
It’s the time of year that I start getting homesick. It’s warming up, the strawberries are beautiful and juicy in the stores and I feel like listening to Christmas carols. Why? Because where I grew up (New Zealand) the seasons are switched – meaning, around November/December is when it is warm outside and Christmas is coming.
Sometimes I play carols in the car, and daydream about being home with the rest of my family.
Other times I make muffins. Like these ones. Don’t you just want to grab one??
[clickToTweet tweet=”These delicious strawberry banana muffins are packed full of fresh flavors, and last about 5 minutes after coming out of the oven! They’ll be devoured FAST! #muffins #strawberry #banana #breakfast” quote=”These delicious strawberry banana muffins a packed full of fresh flavors, and last about 5 minutes after coming out of the oven! They’ll be devoured FAST! #muffins #strawberry #banana #breakfast”]
My son, H – is a huge fan of these. Fair to say he’s never met a berry that he didn’t like (or a muffin for that matter – they’re really cake for breakfast, which is a concept he can get behind).
We like them fresh from the oven, while they’re still warm. Broken open and letting the steam pour out. And then stuffing our faces; it’s just how we roll. In the picture below, he’s willing me to say “okay, H – go ahead and eat”.
He’s so patient when I want to shamelessly use him for my blog. He’s happy to do it, and be paid in muffins. It’s a pretty good deal for me! Isn’t he fabulous?
Variations on Fresh Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Use any kind of berry! Raspberries are especially good!
- Add a little lemon zest for a fresh burst of flavor.
- Mix in blueberries in half the batter, strawberries in the other – have the best of both!
What’s your favorite kind of muffin??
Want more muffins? Of course you do!
Fresh Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners, or grease well.
- In large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt together.
- In a large jug, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas until well blended (will be slightly lumpy).
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and fold in the wet until just combined.
- Set aside a few pieces of diced strawberry, and carefully fold the rest into the batter, don’t over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cup (each will be about 2/3 full) Add a strawberry piece to the top of each (optional).
- Bake at 375F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and muffins spring back when touched lightly with a finger. Al
- low muffins to cool or eat warm if you can’t wait.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
Source:Adapted from Pillsbury