This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A hybrid between a donut and a muffin – sweet, fluffy, dipped in butter and then rolled in cinnamon sugar. These are the perfect treat with coffee or tea!
Hi! Hope your Thanksgiving was great! We spent some time together as a family in the San Diego area. We visited the USS Midway, went on a fishing boat (caught a couple, but had to throw em back), rode our bikes EVERYWHERE, and had a great time.
We’re back now, and while Thanksgiving is over, now I can get excited about Christmas. Raise your hand if you put your tree and decorations up already? We haven’t, but we will this weekend!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Sweet, fluffy, Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins #recipe #muffin #homemade #baking #cinnamon” quote=”Sweet, fluffy, Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins #recipe #muffin #homemade #baking #cinnamon”]
So, want to talk about these donut muffins?
I thought so. They’re SO easy to make, and the batter makes a TON. Like, 48 mini muffins.
I tried making them in my donut pan, but didn’t love the result. The next time I tried them, I put them in mini muffin pans, and … well, you can see how they are! Yum!
I love to have baked goods hanging about for whenever people drop by. Granted, we live a fairly hermit lifestyle, but the intentions are good. Want to come over and drink coffee with me?
Want more baked goods? Of course you do!
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in one bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and fold in until JUST combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin wells, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until they spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly.
For the topping
- Add the melted butter to a small bowl.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a another bowl.
- Dip each muffin first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks