This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Coconut Chicken Curry with Lime is a super fast (just 20 minutes) tasty dinner, packed with flavor and color, easy to make while you cook some rice!
This is one of my favorite week night dinners, super quick and easy to make and on the table FAST. We refer to it as “curry in a hurry” because it is done in about 20 minutes but still packs a huge punch of flavor that is easily customizable to your palate.
We LOVE the flavors of lime and cilantro, and pair this curry with plain rice, or step it up and make Cilantro Lime Rice.
Get a little fancy and make some Garlic Naan to go with it!
Ingredients in Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Vegetable Oil – just regular grocery store vegetable oil
- Chicken – I use breast meat, but thighs are also super tasty (but will affect the nutrition numbers)
- Garlic – mince it yourself, or buy it already minced!! I’m not judging. Mainly because I do this myself…
- Curry Powder – go for a good quality one. I like this curry powder. If you like a deeper flavored curry, add an extra teaspoon!
- Diced Chilies – buy these in the international aisle of your grocery store. Grab a couple, (you can also use them in my Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe)
- Coconut Milk– you can use light or regular for this, or even coconut cream if you like it extra decadent
- Lime – we use the zest AND the juice, so do yourself a favor and zest before juicing. Just trust me.
- Cilantro – fresh is always best!
Make this Coconut Chicken Recipe:
- Dice your chicken, mince your garlic, zest and juice your lime
- Cook the chicken in some oil until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, then the curry powder, and cook for a minute.
- Add the diced chilies, the coconut milk, and the lime juice/zest and bring to a simmer, and allow sauce to thicken.
- Stir through the chopped cilantro, and serve with rice and plenty of the sauce.
FAQs for Coconut Chicken Curry:
Can you freeze chicken coconut curry?
Absolutely – this will freeze and reheat really well. Just reheat while you make some rice, and stir through some fresh cilantro, and you’re done!
Is coconut chicken curry healthy?
Well, essentially yes. The only thing that bumps up the fat content is the coconut milk. Switch regular for light, if this is important to you!
Want more Indian inspired recipes? try these!
- Spiced Red Lentil Dhal
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Chickpea Tomato & Spinach Curry
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Chicken Masala from Lemon Blossoms
Top Tips for Coconut Chicken Curry:
If you like curry to be super deep and rich, add a little more curry powder.
Like it rich and decadent? Switch the coconut milk for coconut cream!
Prefer chicken thighs to breasts? No worries!
WANT TO TRY THIS COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY WITH LIME RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR CHICKEN, INDIAN OR WEEKNIGHT MEALS BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Coconut Chicken Curry with Lime
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes (chicken should be golden brown).
- Add the garlic, cook 30 seconds, then add the curry powder and cook, stirring for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, chiles, lime juice and zest.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn down heat and cook until the chicken is just cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with a little cilantro.
Top Tips for Coconut Chicken Curry:If you like curry to be super deep and rich, add a little more curry powder. Like it rich and decadent? Switch the coconut milk for coconut cream! Prefer chicken thighs to breasts? No worries!
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks