This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A thick, creamy and totally decadently rich crockpot hot chocolate that can be made and kept warm for hours! Perfect for Fall and Winter celebrations (or any old Tuesday).
Nothing is better than coming in from the cold (be it skiing, walking home from somewhere, or just because you love it) than a warm drink waiting to be sipped.
This thick and creamy hot chocolate recipe is the REAL DEAL. Made from scratch, with quality ingredients, it really is rich and chocolatey and creamy. And delicious.
Into coffee? Make my Raspberry Mocha Latte Recipe instead (or as well!)
If you are like me and a last-minute-queen, you can speed up the process a little. To make this drink faster, blend all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave, whisking often, in 1-minute increments until chocolate is melted, and drink is smooth. Serve immediately, or keep warm in a small slow cooker.
When serving a crowd, I often double the recipe!
This is awesome for those of you in snowy areas – go out, make a snowman then drag everyone inside to for hot cocoa to warm up!
- CREAM – refers to heavy whipping cream, or heavy cream
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK – grab a can, or use my recipe for sweetened condensed milk
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS – you could use milk chocolate chips, dark, or even white (skip the cocoa powder and increase the vanilla for white hot chocolate!)
- COCOA POWDER – I use unsweetened.
- MILK – whatever you have, 2%, whole, 1% – all work!
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- MARSHMALLOWS FOR TOPPING
How to make Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Making it couldn’t be easier, simply assemble the ingredients, whisk em up, and put them in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the low or warm setting, and allow to heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Come inside, and serve it up with some whipped cream (maybe a dash of Irish cream if you like… and I like!), or marshmallows.
Variations for making Crock pot Hot Chocolate
- use different flavored marshmallows to top (maybe these fancy Rosewater Marshmallows from Sugar Spice and Glitter?)
- add a splash of raspberry syrup for decadent raspberry hot chocolate
- switch out the chocolate chips for WHITE chocolate chips
- make adult versions – baileys, kahlua etc are wonderful in this
Make a Homemade Hot Chocolate Bar!
Use things like:
- crushed candy canes
- flavored marshmallows
- cocoa puff cereal
- cinnamon sticks
- peanut butter
- coconut shreds
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Easy Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use semi sweet)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk whole is best, but skim works!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small slow cooker, whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover, and heat on low for 2 hours, whisking regularly.
- Pour into mugs, top with marshmallows and/or whipped cream.