This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A thick, creamy and totally decadently rich crock pot hot chocolate that can be made and kept warm for hours! Perfect for Fall and Winter celebrations (or any old Tuesday).
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Nothing is better than coming in from the cold (be it skiing, walking home from somewhere, or just because you love it) than a warm drink waiting to be sipped.
This thick and creamy hot chocolate is the REAL DEAL. Made from scratch, with quality ingredients, it really is rich and chocolatey and creamy. And delicious.
If you are like me and a last-minute-queen, you can speed up the process a little. To make this drink faster, blend all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave, whisking often, in 1-minute increments until chocolate is melted, and drink is smooth. Serve immediately, or keep warm in a small slow cooker.
This is awesome for those of you in snowy areas – go out, make a snow man then drag everyone inside to warm up!Love this? Tweet it!
Making it couldn’t be easier, simply assemble the ingredients, whisk em up, and put them in your slow cooker. Come inside, and serve it up with some whipped cream (maybe a dash of Irish cream if you like… and I like!), or marshmallows.
Variations for making Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- use different flavored marshmallows to top (maybe these fancy Rosewater Marshmallows from Sugar Spice and Glitter?)
- add a splash of raspberry syrup for decadent raspberry hot chocolate
- switch out the chocolate chips for WHITE chocolate chips
- make adult versions – baileys, kahlua etc are wonderful in this
Make a Homemade Hot Chocolate Bar!
Use things like:
- crushed candy canes
- flavored marshmallows
- cocoa puff cereal
- cinnamon sticks
- peanut butter
- coconut shreds
Want more chocolate recipes? of course you do!
Easy Creamy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- In a small slow cooker, whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover, and heat on low for 2 hours, whisking regularly.
- Pour into mugs, top with marshmallows and/or whipped cream.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks