This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These yummy chicken rollettes are seasoned with garlic, packed with prosciutto, creamy provolone and fresh basil, grilled to perfection and served with pasta, red sauce and a garlicky Caesar salad. Hello, summer!
It’s warming up, people! Which means – outdoor/grilling/swimming season!! (Actually, in AZ, it’s that season all year round – but for the rest of you, YAY!!). You might know me in real life (Hi Mum!), and if you do – you know I love being outside with a glass of wine in hand.
It’s pretty easy, and I think it looks fancy enough to serve company.These yummy chicken rollettes are seasoned with garlic, packed with prosciutto, creamy provolone and fresh basil, grilled to perfection and served with pasta, red sauce and a garlicky Caesar salad. Hello, summer!
Let’s talk about the FOOD, shall we?
Check out these Italian Grilled Chicken Rollettes…
- Pound chicken breasts in a zip-lock bag, until they are around a quarter inch thick.
- Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper in a small bowl, and use it to season the chicken.
- Lay the chicken breasts on the counter.
- Lay prosciutto, provolone and basil on each one.
- Roll them up, using the smallest point in the center.
- Tie 2 pieces of kitchen string around each piece to keep it together.
- Preheathe grill to medium high.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat, with the lid closed unless turning, until brown/gold on all sides, about 12-15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the twine from the chicken pieces before serving.