This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A SUPER yummy pumpkin cream cheese spread packed with warm flavors and a touch of sweetness, this recipe screams FALL!
I moved on to Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls because omg they’re heavenly. Check above the recipe card for more pumpkin recipes!
Next up? PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE!
I’m bagel-ing it up over here and I’m headlong into all the Fall flavors. I haven’t yet tried pumpkin spice coffee creamer, and a pumpkin bread… but I know (and you know) it’s coming!
This makes a great dessert dip when paired with cookies, pretzels and fruit, or goes well on homemade bagels, too
Why you’ll love this recipe
Simple. It takes about a minute to make!
Homemade. Unlike its storebought counterparts, this doesn’t have a gummy texture! It’s a great recipe to mix up and use on bagels, or as a dip with some graham crackers.
Delicious. It tastes AMAZING.
Add the softened cream cheese and pumpkin to a large bowl, and beat until smooth.
Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, salt and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture. Blend until well combined.
Scoop into a bowl and use as needed as a bagel schmear or a dip!
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
Cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature will be easier to blend. You can blast it in the microwave at 50% power for about 15 seconds until softened.
This recipe calls for pumpkin puree – which is not the same as pumpkin pie filling. Make sure you grab pure pumpkin!
When talking maple syrup – I’m talking about pure maple (not pancake syrup). Real maple syrup has a lot of flavor. If you don’t have it, just use honey, or double up on the brown sugar.
You could use honey in place of the maple syrup.
You can use full fat, reduced fat or fat free cream cheese. We’re going to hook it up with flavor anyway, but if you need to cut calories – that’s how I’d do it!
After schmearing, add some chocolate chips to your bagel for a deliciously sweet treat!
Storing pumpkin cream cheese
Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. This is not a good recipe to freeze!
Some of my favorite pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles – Using just 2 bowls, make these homemade Pumpkin Waffles a part of your Fall breakfast tradition. With warm spices and yummy pumpkin, they’re a must make!
- Pumpkin Pancakes, Fluffy pumpkin pancakes made with real pumpkin, and warm pumpkin spices. These pretty pancakes are perfect for fall and taste amazing with just a little butter and syrup.
- Pumpkin Oatmeal – Embrace Fall with this warm, deliciously spiced pumpkin oatmeal. Simple to make and so hearty, your breakfast just got a makeover!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread (Schmear)
- Add the cream cheese and pumpkin puree to a large bowl and beat until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and blend until well combined.
- Scoop into a bowl and use as needed as a bagel schmear or a dip!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.