This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This rocked. My first foray into cooking my own beets! It was super easy, and I think made the world of difference to the end dish (as opposed to using canned). The Food Critic thought it was fabulous, and didn’t even douse it in ranch/blue cheese dressing/hot sauce/sweet chilli. That’s huge. He douses everything in one or other of those things. Hot sauce is nasty. It makes me sneeze.
Roasted Beet & Feta SaladPrint
- 4-6 small fresh beets peeled and sliced into 1/4 – 1/3in rounds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- feta crumbled
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme minced or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a small baking dish or baking sheet (with a lip) with heavy foil – this will make cleanup easier!
- Place beet rounds into prepared baking pan and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk to combine – while continually whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil to combine and emulsify.
- Taste dressing and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- When beets are done, remove from oven and place foil in bowl and into fridge to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, tomatoes and walnuts. Drizzle the dressing over it and toss.
- Once beets are cooled, arrange the salad mix on the platter, put the beets on top, and sprinkle with feta.