This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This tender, juicy whiskey glazed pork tenderloin is rubbed with a blend of spices, roasted until perfect, then finished with a delicious whisky glaze.
I love booze in food. Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse, Kahlua Mini Cheesecakes – wine in and with everything… so this pork tenderloin is no exception. It’s very simple, but fancy enough to serve to company. This uses an Irish Whisky (no e in Whisky for the Irish), but you could sub in a bourbon, or another kind of whiskey/whisky if you wanted to. I love that it is done in just 45 minutes, and most of that time is hands off!
With a little planning, this could be done on a weeknight fairly easily. Just marinate the night before (or in the morning before you leave for work), and when you get home, you’re good to go!Love pork tenderloin? Tweet it!
What to serve with this Whisky Glazed Pork Tenderloin?
My whole family likes this – I serve it with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies, or roasted potatoes (in winter), or even baked potatoes and a salad in summer. Polenta, pasta, rice or couscous are all good sides too!
If you’ve never made a pork tenderloin for your family before, this is a great recipe to begin with. Enjoy!
Want more pork recipes? (of course you do!)
Whisky Glazed Pork TenderloinPrint Pin Rate
For the Rub
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp clove garlic minced (or ½garlic powder)
Make the Rub
- Mix the rub ingredients in a bowl, then spread on the pork on all sides, and rub it into the meat.
- Let sit in the fridge for a few hours.
Make the glaze
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the whisky, and the rest of the glaze ingredients
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a fast simmer – whisking (so it doesn’t burn). Reduce to a thick syrup (3-5 minutes)
- Remove from the heat and season to taste.
Cook the pork
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add the pork in a large roasting dish, and cook 40-45mins.
- During the last 5 minutes, baste the pork with some of the glaze.
- Remove to a cutting board, and rest 5 minutes.
- Slice, and serve with the glaze.