This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Amazingly easy to make and delicious to eat, start your day off with bacon, egg and cheese Breakfast Quesadillas and feed your family too!
Step by step photos and instructions below!
Do you need a good, easy breakfast idea that is really tasty that the whole family enjoys? I got you. This breakfast quesadilla recipe takes typical breakfast ingredients, and make them even more awesome.
I mean, what’s not to love? Crispy bacon? Check. Fluffy scrambled eggs? Check. Melty cheese? CHECK.
Change it up to your tastes, add pretty much anything you like. Check the notes section for all the additions, substitutions and freezing instructions.
Want a lunch or dinner quesadilla? Check out this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This is great to meal prep ahead for busy mornings.
- Adaptable. Change up the fillings to whatever you have on hand and what you love.
- Simple ingredients. Just look into your fridge and use what you find!
Frequently Asked Questions
Anything you like! Chopped onions, peppers, tomatoes, corn… anything
Mexican cheese blends do best because they contain different types of cheeses. Monterey jack and mozzarella work great too.
What to serve with Breakfast Quesadillas
Our favorite toppings are guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, salsa, or hot sauce.
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
What to do with leftovers
Store leftover quesadillas in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven, stove top, microwave (put on a paper towel lined plate).
Add some black beans in to boost the protein content.
Add some cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage to the mixture.
Add some sautéed onions and/or bell peppers for a healthy addition.
Add some sliced jalapenos for a spicy kick.
Cilantro is great in this, mix a handful of chopped cilantro into your egg mixture..
This recipe can be frozen after cooking. Store whole quesadillas between pieces of parchment paper in a large freezer bag. Reheat in the oven, cut into slice and heat in an air fryer or toaster oven.
You can also lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until solid, then transfer to a freezer bag.
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Bacon. I like thick cut bacon for this recipe. You can use breakfast sausage instead (or as well as) for this recipe.
- Eggs. I use large eggs to make the scrambled eggs for the quesadilla.
- Milk. You can use water for this if you prefer.
- Butter. Salted butter
- Salt & Pepper. Kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper.
- Tortillas. I use the burrito sized flour tortillas for this. You can use corn tortillas if you prefer. Try making your own homemade tortillas, they’re amazing!
- Shredded Cheese. Any kind you like! I find that the best melty cheese is usually monterey jack. Pepper jack, cheddar, or bagged mexican blend cheese is also good.
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Pizza cutter for easy cutting after cooking!
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Cook the bacon
In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Slice or crumble when cooked.
Cook the eggs
Whisk together the eggs and milk.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat and pour in the whisked eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring gently with a rubber spatula until eggs are soft and fluffy, season with salt and pepper.
Make the quesadillas
Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray, a little olive oil or butter (you’ll need around a tablespoon of butter to cook all the quesadillas).
Working quickly, place a tortilla in the skillet and add a sprinkle of cheese, add the eggs and bacon,
Top with a thin layer of cheese. Place a second tortilla on top and cook until the cheese becomes melted. Press down lightly so the tortilla on top sticks to the filling.
You can also put filling on just half of the tortilla, and flip it over.
Flip carefully and cook on the other side until golden brown.
Slice and serve with sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.
More delicious breakfast recipes:
More breakfast recipes:
- Bacon Sausage Breakfast Sliders. Breakfast YOUR way with bacon, sausage, egg and cheese in a soft bun, brushed with garlic-butter… yes please!
- How to make French Toast. A super easy recipe for French Toast that can be adapted to your tastes. Delicious and always a family favorite! Make this for the family today!
- Vanilla Maple Baked French Toast. Delightfully flavored french toast, topped with a sweet/nutty/crunchy topping, be warned – you will get addicted!!
- Cinnamon Rolls. Warm, gooey, soft homemade cinnamon rolls with a sweet and creamy frosting that melts deliciously into them… oh my.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes. A childhood favorite and a sure-fire way to get your family excited to eat breakfast, these Chocolate Chip Pancakes fit the bill!
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on Kylee Cooks, leave a comment and rating – I truly love to hear from you!
Find me on Pinterest, Facebook & Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Breakfast Quesadillas (Bacon, Egg & Cheese)
Cook the bacon
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Slice or crumble when cooked.
Scramble the eggs
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat and pour in the whisked eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring gently until soft and fluffy, season with salt and pepper.
Make the quesadillas
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray, a little olive oil or butter (you'll need around a tablespoon of butter to cook all the quesadillas)
- Working quickly, place a tortilla in the skillet and add a sprinkle of cheese, add the eggs and bacon, and top with cheese. Place another tortilla on top and cook until the cheese becomes melted. Press down lightly so the tortilla on top sticks to the filling.
- Flip carefully and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Slice and serve with sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Leave a Review