This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Cheesy Cauliflower Soup recipe is serious comfort food, and as a bonus – it comes with a dose of vegetables! It’s creamy, cheesy, family-friendly, and perfect for cold days when all you want is a hot bowl of something good!
As a working parent, it can sometimes be tough to balance everything. Sometimes, something just has to give. Eating well is one of the things that can often go by the wayside, but the double whammy for that is, if you don’t eat well, you don’t feel well.
Getting a dose of vegetables in my belly as often as possible (and in the yummiest way possible) ALWAYS makes me feel better! Adding cheese just makes it delicious and comforting
I like to make this soup ahead on the weekends (if I can), and it really does help me out during the week. Having a batch of soup in the fridge for a last-minute dinner, or having it all portioned out and ready to go in my lunch bag (especially a healthy one), is awesome!
Why this recipe works:
- SPEED – it is easy, quick and freezes well.
- INGREDIENTS – it uses very commonly found ingredients.
- VERSATILE – this is a great recipe to make it ahead, or make it the day you need it.
- DIET – it’s vegetarian!
How to make Cauliflower Soup:
- Melt butter and saute onions until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, vegetable broth or stock and milk and season with salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then simmer for 15 minutes (up to 30 mins) until vegetables are tender.
- Blend with an immersion blender.
- Stir in cheddar cheese right before eating.
FAQs and Kylee’s Notes:
- You may use chicken stock, chicken broth, or vegetable stock – whatever you have is fine!
- Heavy cream may be added at the end for a very CREAMY cauliflower soup
Cool completely and store in airtight containers. To use, thaw and reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Melt butter and sauté onion until soft (5 mins).
- Add cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, blend until smooth adding a little more milk if it is too thick.
- Cool to freeze, or stir in cheese just before serving.
- Thaw, then warm on stove or microwave until heated through. Stir cheese in just before serving.