This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Serious comfort food this Easy Cauliflower Soup comes with a dose of vegetables! It’s creamy, cheesy, family friendly, and perfect for cold days when all you want is a hot bowl of something good!
Another day, another soup? Seriously, I’ve lost my blogging mojo a bit lately in favor of survival mode. The other night, I “threw frozen things in the oven, and called it dinner”. Didn’t make me especially happy, but I hadn’t prepped ahead – and both boys were in terrible moods when I picked them up, and I needed to get something, ANYTHING on the table fast so I could move quickly towards bathing, jammies, stories and bed for them.
As a working parent, it can sometimes be tough to balance everything. Sometimes, something just has to give. Eating well is one of the things that can often go by the wayside, but the double whammy for that is, if you don’t eat well, you don’t feel well.
Getting a dose of vegetables in my belly as often as possible (and in the yummiest way possible) makes me feel better! Adding cheese never hurts, either. Making things ahead on the weekends (if I can) really does help me out during the week.
Having a batch of soup in the fridge for a last minute dinner, or having it all portioned out and ready to go in my lunch bag (especially a healthy one), is awesome! I particularly enjoy this soup – it is easy, quick and freezes well.
How to make Easy Cauliflower Soup:
- Melt butter and saute onions until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, stock and milk, and season with salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins.
- Blend with an immersion blender.
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Serious comfort food with a dose of vegetables, this creamy, cheesy Cauliflower Cheese Soup is family friendly, and perfect for cold days when all you want is a hot bowl of something good!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- 3 Cups chicken stock or vege
- 1 2/3 Cups milk I used 2%
- 3.5 oz. cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter and sauté onion until soft (5 mins).
- Add cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, blend until smooth adding a little more milk if it is too thick.
- Cool to freeze, or stir in cheese just before serving.
- Thaw, then warm on stove or microwave until heated through. Stir cheese in just before serving.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 1030mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 104.4mg | Calcium: 354mg | Iron: 1.5mg