This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Just in time for the holidays, try this sweet and nutty harvest brown rice pilaf, that takes just a few minutes to prepare!
Hi! Isn’t this pretty? And so… FALL-ISH?! I’m still waiting to be able to wear cute boots, and sweaters, but nothing is stopping me from eating all the pumpkin things, dreaming about apple cider caramels, and …. thinking about yummy fall dishes.
I am so excited to share this side dish with you, and couldn’t wait until a Phoenix-appropriate time to do it!
Holidays are coming, and with that all the cooking, baking, family, friends, celebrations and big meals. As well as unexpected guests!
So, how about this Harvest Brown Rice Pilaf, then?
It’s a great and FAST side dish that you can pull together at the last minute right before serving dinner!
You can literally prep everything during the time it takes to heat up the rice. Got last minute guests and need an extra side to make dinner stretch a little more? Make this!
[Tweet “A #sweet and #nutty #harvest brown #rice #pilaf dish, perfect for the #holidays! #recipe #homemade”]
With the help of Veetee Dine-In Rice, seriously – it’s that fast. Premade rice is my jam. I love to make my own, but brown rices takes FOREVER to make on the fly, so having some pre-made in the cupboard has saved my sanity on many an occasion.
I love their basmati for Indian dishes, their Jasmine for Thai, their Wholegrain Brown Rice for pretty much everything, and I’m about to try the Basmati and Wild Rice. Yum!!
What are YOU making as sides these coming holidays?
Want more side dishes? Of course you do!
Harvest Brown Rice Pilaf
- 2 9.9oz packages Veetee Dine In Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup whole pecans
- salt and pepper
- 4-5 pecans
- 3 sprigs rosmary
- Heat the rice according to package directions (ie, 2 mins in the microwave), add to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the balsamic vinegar and honey together, in a small bowl - microwave for 15 seconds, whisk until combined.
- Add the balsamic/honey mixture to the rice.
- Stir in the rosemary cranberries, and pecans.
- Test for seasoning, and season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Garnish, and serve.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
Pin for Later?