This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Homemade Lemon Curd is THE best thing in the world. You can use it to fill pies, spread on toast, waffles, pancakes or pound cake, or just… eat with a spoon. I’m not judging.
It’s still lemon season (I love it – check out some other ways I use lemon, here and here and here) and that means lemons seem to appear in the kitchen at work, randomly. I don’t know who brings them, but I love them deeply. I take a few home whenever I see them, and use them for dinner, in water or in this yummy recipe. Making homemade lemon curd is extremely simple – and so so good. You’ll make it again and again (well, you’ll need to anyway – because you’ll eat the first batch with a spoon and have nothing to fill your pies with).
[clickToTweet tweet=”Fresh Homemade Lemon Curd from @KyleeCooks! #delicious #recipe #lemon #foodpics” quote=”Love this? Tweet it from the rooftops!”]
Use it to fill little pies, or on pound cake! (Or just eat with a spoon)
The tart lemon flavor of this is somewhat tamed by the emulsion of the whole eggs used…. so it’s tart, but sweet – and dreamily creamy. I like to use it on thick white toast, in little pies (recipe coming soon!), and on pound cake. The original recipe says it’s only good for around 3 days, but I have found that it’s good for at least a week. If it even lasts that long! See how easy it is??
Want more? How about these?
Homemade Lemon CurdPrint Pin
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 6 Tbs sugar
- 1.5 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 6 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter diced (4 Tbs)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat.
- Continue to heat, whisking constantly until curd is thickened - 5-7 minutes (approximately) (do not boil).
- Strain the curd through a fine strainer, removing any solids.
- Refrigerate until cold and thick, around 3 hours, before using.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
Source: Originally from Mom’s Big Book of Baking