This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A warmly flavored hummus, featuring fresh garlic, roasted red peppers and fresh rosemary.
We love hummus in this house. Buying the big tubs of it from Costco is great and convenient, but I also enjoy making my own. I like being able to get creative, and blend my own flavors and ideas. To make it super smooth, I remove the skins from the chickpeas. This is done like this:
HOW TO REMOVE THE SHELLS FROM CHICKPEAS (aka GARBANZO BEANS)
- Add 1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 1.5 tsp BAKING SODA, and mix it around.
- Cook the chickpeas for 1 minute on high.
- Put them in some cold water, rub between your hands… and the shells just kind of float to the top, so you can throw them away! Easy!!
This whole process takes minutes – you can eat it right away or chill until ready to use.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Fresh Rosemary
- 14oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- fresh rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil
- Put everything except the olive oil in a food processor and blend.
- Add as much olive oil as is needed to make it into a smooth paste.
- Chill until ready to use, garnish with extra olive oil and a sprig of rosemary.
- Serve with baby carrots, celery, pita chips, fresh pita bread etc.