This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Another weeknight winner, all done in one skillet/pan, ready in under 20 minutes. Smoked sausage, crisp vegetables, and cheesy rice. The whole family will love it!
Standing at the fridge, thinking “I need dinner, like, now… what to make?” I inwardly cursed at myself for not having meal planned this week and thought THIS IS WHY I NEED THE PLAN. However, I rummaged around and found the makings for a delicious dinner that my whole family ate. A rope of smoked sausage, onion, garlic, some veggies, leftover rice and cheese. DONE. This kind of dinner is so versatile, and easily adaptable to what you already have on hand. Got asparagus, and some peas? Use those. Got some brown rice, or quinoa leftover? Use that. Don’t like smoked sausage? Some leftover steak or chicken, or even some shrimp from the freezer will work deliciously.
[Tweet “Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Rice Skillet #onepan #weeknight #dinner #recipe #sausage”]
You’re really only limited by what you have on hand, and your creativity. I make another version of this using pasta – it’s a southwestern version, and is delicious too!
Weeknight Meals are my most commonly searched for meals – check out my collection here. So, let me show you the basis of what I did. I’d love to see pictures of YOUR version! Take a pic and tag me on instagram @kyleecooks to share!
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and sausage, and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables, reduce heat and cover. Cook for around 5 minutes
- Add the cooked rice, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like, and combine thoroughly.
- Take skillet off the heat, add the cheese and stir in.