This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A super-fast weeknight dinner, this Ham Tetrazzini is a spin on the traditional version and is sure to please the whole family.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions, text and photography are all mine.
FALL IS HERE! Warm up on a crisp fall day with a delicious and simple meal featuring Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Cubed Ham!
I love comfort food, as the weather turns colder (please let it get under 70F in Phoenix soon!), and there’s nothing like a big ol’ bowl of pasta to share with my family.
I’m going to level with you (like always): My life isn’t an Instagram photo, I am absolutely not a Pinterest mom. Even though, yes, I cook and write for a living – I’m a busy mama, and I don’t always plan my meals ahead. I like to eat good food, so keeping staples around means we always have a great dinner anytime, anywhere, at any moment!
This Ham Tetrazzini recipe is a super-fast dinner, that takes about 10 minutes to make. TEN MINUTES! While your pasta cooks, you’ll prepare the sauce, then combine the two. Voila!
Using a few shortcuts is my jam on a weeknight, but there is no need to sacrifice taste OR quality. I pick up a package or 2 of Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham from the refrigerated meats section of my local Albertsons and keep it in the fridge, ready to create masterpieces. It’s high in protein, super versatile, and has GREAT flavor!
Want to save a little (of course you do!) Save $1 on any ONE (1) Smithfield® Anytime Favorites™ diced or cubed ham.
- PASTA – any kind will do! Spaghetti is my favorite in this, but whatever you have will work just fine!
- ONION – cut this to a medium dice
- GARLIC – mince it! (double it if you’re feeling like you need a little extra garlic in your life)
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP – buy it or make your own. You do you. See below for alternative.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE – switch it up and use pepper jack or Monterey. Mmm. Cheese.
- SMITHFIELD® ANYTIME FAVORITES® CUBED HAM – versatile, high in protein, delicious.
- ROASTED RED PEPPERS – I buy these in a jar, and just dice them up. Pimentos work too!
- PARSLEY – optional, but see that burst of green? So pretty.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
COOK THE SPAGHETTI: Begin by boiling a pot of water and add a little salt. Cook the spaghetti according to package – we like it al dente (still firm to the bite, but not crunchy) (Pic 1).
MAKE THE SAUCE: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion ’til it begins to soften, then add the garlic (Pics 2-4).
Add the chicken soup, water, and cheddar cheese, and mix it around until the cheese melts (Pics 5-8).
ASSEMBLE: Add the cooked, drained pasta, the Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Cubed Ham, the roasted red peppers and the parsley (Pics 9-10).
Mix it all together gently. Cook and stir to allow the ham to heat through. Allow the ham to heat (Pics 11-12).
DEVOUR: Grab a fork, people, it’s dinner time!
FAQs and Kylee’s Notes
- Any kind of pasta can be used – whatever you have in the pantry is AWESOME!
- Switch out the cream of chicken soup for cheddar cheese soup, or cream of mushroom soup if you prefer.
- Add a little more water depending on your needs – mix the pasta in and assess the situation!
- Use a yellow or white onion in place of the red (I like the red for color!)
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 Tbs butter
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 10.75 oz condensed cream of chicken soup you may use cream of mushroom if you prefer
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Cubed Ham
- 3 Tbs fresh parsley chopped
- 3 Tbs roasted red peppers chopped
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion until it begins to soften, then add the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds.
- Mix in cream of chicken soup, water cheese.
- Cook, stirring regularly until the cheese melts.
- Add the ham, spaghetti, and the parsley/roasted red peppers (if usinand mix well.
- Cook until everything is heated through. Serve.