This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A super easy and tasty dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes. With crispy chicken, broccoli and pasta – this one is great for the whole family, and so delicious!
Hi there! Can you believe we’ll be in the throes of back to school in just a few short weeks? The more relaxed schedules of the past few months will soon be replaced with drop off, pick up, after-school activities, lunch packing, and homework supervision.
I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
My son, H will be headed into 1st grade, and as working parents, The Husband and I sometimes get home and just want to slump on the couch and order take out. Of course, we actually don’t DO that on a regular occasion, I like to cook most of our meals so I can control is in them and ensure we get some of the right nutrients on our plates at least a good part of the time.
A little shortcut: Frozen chicken strips. I throw these in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, then let them cool a little before slicing them and adding them to my finished pasta dish.
Why this recipe works:
- I LOVE cooking pasta WITH the sauce, saving me from having to dirty up another saucepan.
- Basic ingredients – no trips to the store for extra items!
See? H loves it!
- OLIVE OIL
- CHICKEN STOCK – make your own chicken stock, or grab a carton.
- PASTA – this can be any kind of pasta, regular, gluten-free or whole wheat pasta.
- SEASONINGS: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- CHICKEN – for this recipe I use frozen chicken strips from the store, but any chicken you have (be it grilled chicken breasts or leftover rotisserie chicken)
How to make Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
- Gather your ingredients, in this case, frozen chicken strips, garlic, pasta, stock, milk, butter, and broccoli.
- Heat the oven and cook the chicken strips, meanwhile get started on the pasta!
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium high heat, cook some garlic in olive oil for a minute, then add the pasta, chicken stock , milk, and butter – and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer until tender – usually about 10-15 mins, then add salt and pepper and the parmesan.
- Add the chicken and some cooked broccoli.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
- Heat the oven to 400F and cook the chicken strips for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ Tbs butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium high.
- Cook the garlic for a minute or two, then add the stock, milk, remaining butter, pasta and some salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until pasta is tender.
- Add the parmesan (more to taste) and check for seasoning.
- Stir in the steamed broccoli, and parmesan.
- Top with sliced (or whole) chicken strips.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.