What do you do when you need dinner rolls soon, and want them to be homemade, AND you need them asap? MAKE THIS RECIPE and pull hot, fluffy rolls out of the oven in about 30 minutes.
I’ve long been a fan of my breadmaker. It takes all the work out of bread and pizza dough, and turns out a consistent product every time. BUT, it takes an hour and a half to be ready to pull out and shape/bake – and then needs to be given more time to rise…. and I needed them (and dinner) to be ready in 45 minutes.
Could I have run to the store? Sure. But WHY? When I can make these little beauties from scratch (and now, so can you!!)
These would be great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them.
30 minute dinner rolls – the flavor
If you are worried that they’ll be overwhelmingly yeast-y tasting (2 Tbs yeast sounds like a lot), stop worrying – they’re not! These are tender-soft, and and absolutely divine.
You need these in your life. Go, make a batch. Please.
Want more rolls? How about these sweet ones?
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water not boiling hot - warm
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3.5 cups bread flour all-purpose will also work
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes (the yeast should bloom, and the mixture will look "puffy")
- Add 2 cups of the flour, the salt, and the egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook, and mix.
- Add the remaining flour gradually.
- Let your mixer do the work and let it knead it all together until it becomes smooth ball. The dough will be fairly soft.
- Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes, and heat your oven to 400F.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are just golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and brush tops with butter.
This is purely a courtesy, and I take no responsibility for the accuracy.
Calculated using My Fitness Pal. If you are on a specific diet, please calculate for yourself, as you may use different products than I used.