Ground chicken blended with some fresh Thai flavors, these are a great appetizer, or snack!
We are a house that loves MEATBALLS. Typically, we use ground beef, pork or even sausage and douse them in marinara sauce, and serve over pasta. This is a different take on your traditional meatball, adding in lemongrass and cilantro, and using chicken rather than beef/pork. You could make your own dipping sauce, but I like to keep it super simple and use a store bought sweet chilli sauce (called Mae Ploy) Great to make ahead, or freeze – these are a great appetizer!
Thai Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp chopped lemongrass
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced very finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- Combine the ingredients (except for oil) in a bowl.
- Roll into 1 tbsp sized balls.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook through, 6 to 8 minutes (you can also bake these)
- Serve with a dipping sauce (I recommend sweet chilli sauce - aka Mae Ploy) and enjoy!