Warm cinnamon, and a pop of fresh citrus, this Homemade Spicy Cranberry Sauce is not your average “open-a-can” variety!
<<<Another repost – I’m still on vacation…. miss you!! haha>>>>
Want more Thanksgiving-y type recipes or sides? Of course you do!
Warm cinnamon, and a pop of fresh citrus, this Homemade Spicy Cranberry Sauce is not your average "open-a-can" variety!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries washed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 orange zested and juiced (divide the zest in half)
- In a medium saucepan, add the cranberries – then remove about a half cup and reserve in
- a small bowl.
- Add sugar and water, half the orange zest, and all of the orange juice. Stir to blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg.
- Add in reserved cranberries, and stir to blend.
- Simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add remaining zest and allow to cool before serving.