Cute little mini versions of a classic Fall/Thanksgiving favorite, these Mini Pumpkin Pies pack all the flavor into a 2 bite dessert!
Happy Thanksgiving Week! I know this is a busy week for all of us, and in fact – I’m currently on vacation in San Diego. So, I’m resharing this post with you, that I made a few years ago (hence the questionable quality pictures).
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Let’s talk about PIE. I love pumpkin pie, but for me – it’s all about the crust. I like there to be a good amount of crust vs a lot of filling. Making mini pumpkin pies allows a MUCH better filling to crust ratio, so I think I’ll make them this way forever and ever. Amen. Good talk.
This recipe will make 24 minis (I cut a deep dish pie filling recipe in half). You could keep the filling (double this one) and also make a regular sized pie as well as the minis.
Or, make 48 minis and scarf a bunch of them when no one is looking.
Confused yet? Me too…
I use a store bought pie crust for this, because with all the cooking and baking being down over the next month or so… I need a short cut. You can over-achieve and make your own, though!
Looking for more desserts? Of course you are! (I got you covered)
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2 pie crusts (storebought, or make your own)
- 6 Tbs white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 15 oz can pumpkin not pie mix
- 1/2 12 oz can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Using a 3 or 4 inch round cutter, cut circles of dough out and put them in a mini muffin or tart pan. Press lightly to fit the pan.
- Pour filling into each cup (leave a bit of space, they will puff up a little).
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce oven temp to 350, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool, and serve. (Whipped cream would be great, but I decorated with a simple dusting of powdered sugar).