This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
- 2 lb potatoes
- butter milk, salt & pepper for mashing
- cheese for the top
- Brown beef in a large saucepan or dutch oven, drain oil
- Add onions and carrots, and cook until onion is soft
- Add tomato paste, thyme, stock, worcestershire and soy sauces and salt/pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for around 25 mins
- Turn the heat up, then add cornstarch to the water and mix. and mixture to the beef/veggies and cook until it thickens.
- Cook potatoes, and mash with the butter, milk, salt and pepper
- Pour beef mixture into an 8 x 8 (square) dish
- Add mashed potatoes to the top, and score with a fork (for crispy peaks), or add cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 until the top is brown and crispy