A yummy and flavorful Asian style soup, packed with chicken, corn and rice – warming and filling, perfect for the whole family!
I know I’m jumping the gun a little, but soup season is AROUND THE CORNER, PEOPLE. I couldn’t be more excited for some cooler weather, and a reason to make #allthesoup. I’m in the process of stocking my freezer with deliciousness.
I’m planning on having a freezer full of soup so I can grab a different one each day for lunch, or have them on hand to grab a quick dinner, or soup course whenever I need or want one.
Today, I’ve teamed up with Veetee USA to bring you my latest creation. Check out this….
Asian Style Chicken & Corn Soup with Rice
Super easy, and you can have this on your table in under 15 minutes. Using pre-cooked rice and chicken is GENIUS as a shortcut. With a few other simple ingredients, you’ll be amazed at how quick this is and how yummy! I’m one of those people that think soup can be the entire meal, are you?
Feel free to change this up for different rice, Veetee Dine In has a bunch of different varieties, perfect for this soup. Check them out here.
I’ve talked about Veetee before in my Sweet Potato Spinach & Cashew Curry recipe post – check that out too!
What soup are YOU looking forward to this Fall?
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 14.75 oz creamed corn
- 9.9 oz package Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped roughly
- 1 scallion thinly sliced (keep some for garnish)
- With the side of a large knife, crush the piece of ginger, but keep it in one piece.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ginger, stock, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ginger piece, and discard.
- Add the corn, rice, chicken and scallion.
- Simmer a further 5 minutes, until warmed through.
- Ladle into serving bowls.
Pin for later? Click this pic!