This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Every time I make soup, I’m reminded of the show “Seinfeld” . In an episode Seinfeld owes someone dinner, and they order soup – and say they’ll keep their owed dinner for another time, because soup isn’t a meal. YOU GUYS!! Soup is a meal! I love soup. I love that The Husband loves soup (especially this Leek and Potato Soup!) AND agrees that it can be dinner more regularly than most people I know. This Leek and Potato soup is one of my favorites to make, because I almost always have the ingredients. Bonus! Soup is awesome. (How many times did I say “soup” in the above paragraphs? 9. Yeah. NINE) Anyhoo… let’s eat… You’re a big fan of soup? How about this Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup or this Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
- In a dutch oven, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon, then add the onion and leeks.
- Cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic, cook a further 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and let simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 10-15 mins).
- Either use a masher, an immersion blender, or a blender to roughly blend (you don't want puree it fully, chunks are good!)
- Stir in the pepper and the half & half.