This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Tired of dull flavorless weeknight meals? How about a bold, flavorful, dinner…. from the wild side? This one pan southwestern style pasta will have you fighting your family for the leftovers.
I’m a huge fan using packaged sausages in weeknight meals. I use them at least once a week to pull together dinner really quickly. Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages are fully cooked, so you can even snack on pieces of it while you cook! Total bonus.
Pairing Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor with complementary flavors from the southwest…it’s time to give your taste buds the flavor they deserve…. this delicious weeknight winner. Use pantry staples that you likely already have, and bring some bold flavor to the table. These sausages are a new product (available in Walmart). I found them in the packaged deli section, with the deli meats (pics below). I knew the quality would be awesome (we’re fans of their beef jerky) so was game to give them a try. I love that there is no added msg, fillers (making them gluten free – yay gluten free folks!!). They’re made with premium cuts of beef and pork (which is how each sausage has 12 grams of protein – quality, people, quality!!) They kicked it up a notch with fun and original flavors (can’t wait to try the cheddar cheese one too!) The jalapeno flavor is our favorite, but the original is good too, for those who can’t handle the heat! Ready for the recipe? I’m so glad you asked. Check out this pan of beauty… and deliciousness. Here’s how it rolls:
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 12 oz package Jack Link's Wild Side Sausages sliced
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15.25 oz can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro for garnish
- Add olive oil to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add the cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes (if using) and garlic, and cook until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add the sliced Jack Link's Wild Side Sausages, and cook another minute.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, tomatoes, chiles, pasta, and seasonings.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add the black beans and sweet corn and heat for a few minutes, until beans and corn are warmed through.
- Test for seasonings, and adjust as necessary.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Top with chopped cilantro, and serve.